From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 21:16:51
1 On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 22:21:59 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 15:43:54 -0500, »Q« wrote:
5 >
6 > > My automatically-created sddm.conf has
7 > >
8 > > [General]
9 > > HaltCommand=/sbin/shutdown -h -P now
10 > > Numlock=none
11 > > RebootCommand=/sbin/shutdown -r now
12 > >
13 > > which looks alright to me. I'll try troubleshooting this later,
14 > > but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them any time.
15 >
16 > Mine has
17 >
18 > [General]
19 > HaltCommand=
20 > RebootCommand=
21
22 Thanks. That doesn't work for me. Neither does putting mine in single
23 or double quotes. Neither does switching sddm themes.
24
25 I don't actually ever want/need to shutdown or reboot from the greeter,
26 so I'll let it be. I found <https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/458>,
27 so I don't feel so all alone. :)
28
29 (While poking around in their ticket tracker, I also found out that
30 every sddm developer is using systemd. I was barely able to restrain
31 myself from smashing my laptop with a hammer. ;)