From: Momesso Andrea <momesso.andrea@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resizing physical volume for lvm.
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:01:28
1 On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:49:36 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:39:29 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
5 >
6 > > > P.S. I'm not using vgextend to simply add sda4 to the lvm because
7 > > > I might want to migrate my root (sda1) to ext4
8 > >
9 > > Why do want to do that? ext4 is just a couple of months old and
10 > > there's no proof of stability whatsoever for it. Better try it with
11 > > uncritical data partitions (portage tree, distfiles) first.
12 >
13 > Yet if you do, the latest GRUB boots from ext4 partitions, so you
14 > don't need to separate /boot.
18 I heard it can boot from ext4 using a patch that is not 100% safe...
19 Does anyone have positive (or negative) experience with that?
20
21 ---
22 TopperH
23 http://topperh.blogspot.com