From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automatically mounting USB mass storage devices (camera)
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:44:45
1 Christoph Eckert schrieb:
2 >> How can I get the system to automatically mount my USB device when I
3 >> attach it?
4 >
5 > Most cameras can be switched from USB to PTP mode in the setup.
6
7 Yeah, I know. When Mass Storage worked, it was much more convenient
8 than having to start some program to import hte files from PTP
9 to the system.
10
11 > I recommend to do so and instead of automounting it to access it via PTP
12 > (see gphoto2/digikam etc.). It's much more convenient because you can
13 > plug it in out pull it out at any time without the need to mount it.
14
15 Yep. That's the way it used to be :) But with PTP I had
16 other kinds of problems.
17
18 Well, instead of using PTP, I rather mount the camera by
19 hand. Much more convient, IMO.
20
21 Thanks for the tip, though. But instead of the PTP
22 workaround, I'll use the manual-mount workaround. Or
23 maybe autofs.
24
25 Alexander Skwar
26 --