From: Wolfgang Riegler <wolfgang.riegler@×××.de>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Google Chrome issues
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 16:49:32
1 Hi,
2
3 I installed www-client/google-chrome on my amd64 gentoo workstation. But it's more or less unusable because on many webpages I cannot click on links. Sometimes input fields have only borders but no height. For example on https://bugs.gentoo.org/ only the links with images in the middle of the page are clickable. All text links are not.
4 www-client/chromium works without any problem. I use stable ebuilds for chromium and chrome.
5
6 I tested www-client/google-chrome on my laptop with Sabayon Linux installed and it works. All settings are synchronized between the browsers, so they are the same. Laptop and workstation are using the same network, too.
7
8 My laptop uses Intel GPU and my workstation NVIDIA with the proprietary driver. Starting google-chrome with a new and empty user-data-dir doesn't help.
9
10 I would really like to switch to www-client/google-chrome because of the very long compilation time of www-client/chromium.
11 Does anybody have an idea how to solve my problem or how to debug it?
12
13 Thanks in advance and
14 kind regards
15