From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem(s)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 17:07:40
1 On Monday 15 June 2009 18:51:54 Maxim Wexler wrote:
2
3 > > Did you mount -a after activating the VG?
4 >
5 > Cool! There's all my little dirs. Thanks Neil. But isn't it supposed
6 > to do this automaticamente?
7 > From the doc:
8 >
9 > Restart your machine and all partitions should be visible and mounted.
10 >
11 > Does my particular setup require further tweaking? Should I be placing
12 > the activate plus mount commands into some conf file?
13
14 With baselayout2 and openrc, you need to explicitly put lvm into the boot
15 runlevel. It then runs "vgchange -a y" to make your volumes visible.
16
17 After that, they will be mounted from /etc/fstab as normal.
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com