From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The future of linux, and Gentoo specifically now
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 14:21:49
1 On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 11/23/2014 3:23 PM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Also, I'll wager it likely won't be implemented in such a way as to be
5 >> perceived by its user base as being shoved down their throats.
6 >
7 > Clarification - this reference was actually to the way Debian is
8 > handling it, not Gentoo - I have no problems whatsoever with the way
9 > gentoo is handling systemd ... right now at least...
10
11 Gentoo has the advantage of being source-based and allowing 'USE="...
12 -systemd ..."'.
13
14 If the Debianites opposed to using systemd were willing to
15 systemd-shim and cgmanager, they wouldn't be feeling forced.