From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "seq --equal-width" not working
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:16:42
1 On Thursday 7 December 2006 12:00, Andres Buehlmann wrote:
2
3 > Hi
4 >
5 > I found a problem using seq (from coreutils):
6 > With version 6.4, I get:
7 >[cut]
8 > I.e., zero padding (with decimals) doesn't work.
9 >
10 > However, with the older version 5.94, I get as expected:
11 >[cut]
12 > Can anybody confirm this? Am I missing something or is it simply a bug
13 > in the newer version?
14
15 Seems that -w only pads with leading zeros. From "info coreutils seq":
16
17 `-w'
18 `--equal-width'
19 Print all numbers with the same width, by padding with leading
20 zeros. FIRST, STEP, and LAST should all use a fixed point decimal
21 representation. (To have other kinds of padding, use `--format').
22
23 >From the above description, it seems that there are two ways to get the
24 output you want: either use the command
25
26 seq -w 0.00 0.25 1.00
27
28 or use -f: