From: gigi <gigigentoo@××××.fr>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] canon multifunctional printer - MPC400
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:24:11
1 Hi,
2
3 I have this printer
4 http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Multifunctionals/Multifunctionals/SmartBase_MPC400/index.asp?ComponentID=25527&SourcePageID=166550
5
6 not sure if it exists or have a different name outside Europe.
7
8 Q1- does anyone know it (eventually with a different name) and made show
9 up under gentoo with cups?
10
11 Furthermore
12 => I have printer usb in kernel (usb is fine with digital camera and
13 pda).
14 => dmesg gives
15 usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
16
17 => lsusb gives
18 Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04a9:2611 Canon, Inc.
19
20 => I don't have /dev/usb (and therefore no /dev/usb/lp0)
21
22 Q2 is it because the printer is not known that no /dev/usb/lp0 shows up?
23 I read quite a lot off forums already and wonder if the best would be to
24 replace it instead of spending more time.
25
26 Q3. what multifunctional (basic/cheapest one) would you suggest to
27 replace it?
28
29 tx a lot for your help
30