From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New install on x86 and login to KDE fails
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:06:28
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > check permissions? Get some graphics hardware with not-broken drivers?
3
4 I even tried a fresh new .kde directory. Same thing. The video is
5 built in so I'm sort of stuck with it I don't have a card that will fit
6 in it to even test the theory.
7
8 Still open to ideas. Keep in mind, failsafe works as does Fluxbox.
9 Speaking of, how do I get the Fluxbox menu to include all the KDE apps?
10 I want the card games, kpat and such, to show up. He may can use that
11 until I can figure out something else. Maybe a mobo with a decent video
12 card for a start. ;-)
13
14 Thanks.
15