From: aisha <aisha@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and script block tool/addon
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 15:31:08
1 Try enabling clang and see what happens. llvm is a really good piece of
2 software.
3
4 I generally also have pulseaudio and hwaccel enabled but thats up to
5 you.
6
7 ---
8 Aisha
9 blog.aisha.cc
10
11 On 2020-01-25 04:39, Dale wrote:
12 > Hi,
13 >
14 > I'm checking that as I type.  It may not solve all my problems but it
15 > may certainly help.  Some scripts make one CPU core go to 100% and
16 > locks
17 > up the tab the script is running on.  Firefox, to its credit, is sane
18 > enough to allow other tabs to work tho.  At least it doesn't completely
19 > lock up the whole thing.  Good code I guess.  ;-)  Anyway, it does that
20 > for about 30 seconds or so, I assume it times out or something.  Still,
21 > very annoying and worthy of just blocking the script completely.
22 >
23 > It appears clang is disabled.  If I read that correctly, that is the
24 > ideal setting.
27 > [ebuild   R   ~] www-client/firefox-72.0.1::gentoo  USE="gmp-autoupdate
28 > screenshot startup-notification system-av1 system-icu system-jpeg
29 > system-sqlite system-webp -bindist -clang -custom-cflags
30 > -custom-optimization -debug -eme-free -geckodriver -hardened -hwaccel
31 > -jack -lto -pgo -pulseaudio (-selinux) -system-libevent -system-libvpx
32 > -test -wayland -wifi" CPU_FLAGS_X86="-avx2"
35 > Thanks for the tip.
36 >
37 > Dale
38 >
39 > :-)  :-)
40 >
41 > P. S. Top posting since reply was also.  Could be device related.  I
42 > dunno.
45 > aisha wrote:
46 >> Firefox currently has some issues with addons and local storage.
47 >> Do you have the use `clang` flag enabled?
48 >> This compiles firefox using clang-llvm and fixes a lot of the
49 >> problems.
50 >>
51 >> ---
52 >> Aisha