From: Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] How to Transplant Firmware Blobs -- was: Issue with Wireless Interface
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:54:51
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
3 Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 4:45 AM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to Transplant Firmware Blobs -- was: Issue
6 with Wireless Interface
7
8 On Tue, 13 May 2014 20:00:55 -0500, Dale wrote:
9
10 > > Hi all. I found out that I was missing the firmware, not the drivers.
11 > > I have the firmware on a USB stick, so is it possible to transplant
12 > > it in to Gentoo?
13
14 > It may be in this package:
15 >
16 > sys-kernel/linux-firmware
17
18 That's the best option, as portage will keep the firmware updated. If your
19 device is not covered and you have the bare firmware file, copy it to
20 /lib/firmware.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Indecision is the key to flexibility.
27 That's what I'll have to do, as my school conviently blocked the Portage
28 tree.