From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x looses ctrl, alt and shift keys
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:36:50
1 On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:56:12 +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > the only thing i can think of that might affect this is vmware or vnc.
4 > i'm using both a lot at the moment, so perhaps something to do with the
5 > keyboard grabbing is affecting x -question mark- however closing both
6 > vnc and vmware don't fix it...
7
8 I've had this happen from time to time, and always when using VMware (I
9 rarely use VNC). As with you, quitting VMware doesn't help, only logging
10 out and back in.
11
12 I've no idea if the desktop is relevant, I'm using KDE.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Did you sleep well?" "No, I made a couple of mistakes."