From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting default user environments in /etc/profile.d/
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 04:03:04
1 On 2 May 2012, at 03:26, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2
3 >> Actually, if you look at the contents of my essential_defaults file, I'm not so interested in the pager as the MANPAGER setting. I find that after using `most` as my man-pager, it's quite horrible using `less` on a new system. For anything else, `less` is fine.
4 >
5 > 'most' is for sissies ; I use vimmanpager for MANPAGER, and vimpager for PAGER. ;-)
6
7 Hmmmn… I use vim as my editor, but most is much better for manpages. Perhaps it is simply the default syntax colouring that is so much better. I have tried your suggestion, and couldn't get along with it.
8
9 Stroller.