From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fully-Defined-Domain-Name for nullmailer
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 15:26:02
1 On 4/13/22 3:40 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
2 > I don't know what name Thunderbird uses in it's HELO / EHLO
3 > command(s). Though it shouldn't matter much which name is used.
4 >
5 > The important thing should be that the SMTP client, be it Thunderbird
6 > or nullmailer or something else, should authenticate to the outbound
7 > relay / MSA.  The MSA should then use that authentication as a control
8 > for what is and is not allowed to be relayed.
11 Okay, that's a good tip.  From tcpdump on my work machine (nullmailer
12 runs on my home machine, though), I have:
15 EHLO.[10.0
16         0x0040:  2e32 2e31 355d 0d0a .2.15]..
17
18 so the argument to EHLO supplied by /thunderbird/ is my ip address.  So,
19 the hypothesis is, if I can coerce nullmailer to use that, it should work?