From: Fernando Meira <fmeira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wireless wierd behaviour
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:31:42
1 On 7/14/06, Javier <javism@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi Fernando,
4 >
5 > with this driver the first step is doing a "ifconfig ethX up" before
6 > any wireless related configuration.
7 >
8 > Example:
9 > ifconfig ethX up
10 > iwconfig ethX channel Y
11 > iwconfig ethX essid any
12 >
13 > And after this steps you have to be associated and you can set your
14 > ip-related settings.
15 >
16 > Did you do by this way?
17 >
18 > Regards,
19 > Javi
20 > --
21 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
25 Hi,
26
27 yes, I am aware of that proceeding.
28 I do everything smoothly.. sometimes I can get connected, most of the times
29 I can't.
30 As Daniel pointed out in other reply, this must be a bug in the module.. at
31 least, that's the problem with the driver that is shipped with kernel 2.6.17.
32 Since I use kernel 2.6.16, I had to install the driver independently, thus
33 I'm using the latest masked version of ieee80211softmac. Version 0*
34 .1-r20060329* to be correct.
35
36 Besides going back to ndiswrapper, what other choices do I have here?
37 Thanks,
38 Fernando