From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: To all IPv6-slackers among the Gentoo community
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 05:58:16
1 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2019-11-27, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I went to your link for Openwrt.  I found Linksys E2500 in the list.
5 >> When I go search for one, ebay etc, I then find E2500-NP with N600 also
6 >> mentioned.  Some even say E2500 and E2500-NP in the same description.  I
7 >> think the N600 has something to do with the wireless stuff.  If I want
8 >> to use Openwrt, does the -NP make any difference?  The link doesn't
9 >> mention the -NP version.  The N600 affect anything?  I'm trying to get a
10 >> dual band version since my current cell phone supports both I think but
11 >> if I get a new cell phone, it may want the other band, N I think it is
12 >> called.  :/
13 > The TP-Link Archer C7 runs openwrt flawlessly:
14 >
15 > https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tp-link-archer-ac1750-dual-band-wi-fi-5-router-black/5889900.p?skuId=5889900
16 >
17 > A couple months ago when I was shopping, there was also a newer A7
18 > version. That still requires a bleeding edge version of OpenWRT. So
19 > I opted for the older hardware just to be safe.
20 >
21 > The Linksys WRT3200ACM claims to be designed to run OpenWRT, but I had
22 > constant problems with it and finally gave up.
23 >
24 > For OpenWRT, the usual advice is to avoid Broadcom hardware: the
25 > driver support is close-source and rather marginal.
28 I was planning to stick with Linksys but I'm liking the one you linked
29 too.  By the way, TP-Link has a store on ebay and it's cheaper there.
30 Anyway, it supports IPv6 according to the manual and it has LEDs on the
31 front it seems.  Am I seeing LEDs or am I seeing something else?  Also,
32 does it have some holes on the bottom that allows wall mounting?  I'm
33 trying to find a picture of the bottom but so far, no luck.  I've found
34 pics of everything else tho.
35
36 Going to research some more but so far, I'm kinda liking it.
37
38 Thanks for the link.
39
40 Dale