From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] after finally doing my emerge -e world successfully, my regular world update fails
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 09:21:28
1 On Sun, 24 Dec 2017 13:11:08 +1100, Adam Carter wrote:
2
3 > > > But virtual/service-manager is using openrc. How do i point this to
4 > > > systemd?
5 > >
6 > > By having systemd installed. A virtual is just a list of packages that
7 > > provide the functionality needed. As long as one of them is
8 > > installed, it is happy. If not, it installs the first in the list.
11 > Ok, thanks. The system profile warning below had me worried, but from
12 > what you're said it appears that the warning is generated on an
13 > unsophisticated check, and in this case is a false positive.
14 >
15 > # emerge -pv --depclean sys-apps/openrc net-misc/netifrc
16 > sys-apps/sysvinit
17 >
18 > Calculating dependencies... done!
19 > sys-apps/sysvinit-2.88-r9 pulled in by:
20 > sys-apps/systemd-236-r1 requires sys-apps/sysvinit
21 >
22 > >>> Calculating removal order...
23 >
24 > >>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:
25 >
26 > net-misc/netifrc
27 > selected: 0.6.0
28 > protected: none
29 > omitted: none
32 > !!! 'sys-apps/openrc' (virtual/service-manager) is part of your system
33 > profile.
34 > !!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.
35
36 That's probably because openrc is installed at the top of the list of
37 deps in the virtual. I saw the same warning and everything is still
38 working.
43 Neil Bothwick
44
45 The cow is nothing but a machine which makes grass fit for us people to
46 eat.