From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] no_root_squash equivalent for virtualbox shared folders?
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:36:08
1 I've been trying to share /usr/portage on a gentoo host with a
2 virtualbox gentoo guest, but I'm having an identity crisis ;)
3
4 The /usr/portage/ share mounts perfectly on the gentoo guest,
5 but even root (on the gentoo guest) can't write to the shared
6 portage directory.
7
8 After hours of googling and putzing around with mount options,
9 I'm pretty sure that root on the host is not the same user as
10 root on the virtualbox guest.
11
12 This seems analogous to an NFS mount without the 'no_squash_root'
13 mount option, but I haven't discovered the analogous solution
14 for vboxfs mounts.
15
16 Any applications of the cluestick would be most welcome :)