From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] NAT alternatives (nf_conntrack kernel panics)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 17:17:27
1 My Gentoo router kernel panics with an skb_over_panic message when
2 Netfilter connection tracking (nf_conntrack) is built into the kernel
3 or built as a module and I start net.ath0 (madwifi-ng) in master mode.
4 I've tried hardened-2.6.23, hardened-2.6.24, madwifi-0.9.3.3, and
5 madwifi-0.9.4.
6
7 nf_conntrack seems to be required in order for NAT to work, so I've
8 been looking for alternatives. I found mention of "Fast NAT" and
9 "nf_nat", both of which are supposed to be alternatives to
10 nf_conntrack, but maybe they are no longer existent because I can not
11 Google specifics on either and I can't find them in the kernel.
12
13 I've put 16 or so hours into this so far so I'll head to Staples for a
14 temporary Linksys soon. I sure would like to have Gentoo routing
15 though. Please let me know if you have any ideas.
16
17 - Grant
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list