From: Linyin <linyin.cn@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] media-video/gspcav1 or kernel module?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 11:53:31
1 > I just backed out gspcav1 and compiled all the kernel drivers as modules and
2 > just plugged the webcam in; the kernel works out which ones to use.
3 >
4 > # lsmod | grep spca
5 > gspca 621584 0
6 > gspca_zc3xx 48320 0
7 > gspca_main 22656 1 gspca_zc3xx
8 > compat_ioctl32 8256 2 gspca,gspca_main
9 > videodev 34112 3 gspca,gspca_main,compat_ioctl32
10 >
11 > However, you are not out of the woods yet! You will probably need the libv4l
12 > libraries installed to get spcaview to work. Skype and kopete still
13 > completely fail to find the camera. :( There is a long thread on the Gentoo
14 > fora about this.
15 > --
17 > Robin Atwood
18 >
19 where can i get the ibv4l libraries, in the portage? can u give me
20 some key words ,thx.
25 Regards
26
27 Linyin SooChow China