From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [Gentoo] : Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] splitting audio file at points of silence ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 17:46:46
1 On 06/14 01:35, elu6-u259@××××××.com wrote:
2 > [snipped]
3 >
4 >    Hi,
5 >
6 >    I want to split an audio file containing crow calls at points
7 >    where no crow call is. The "silence" in between is not exactly
8 >    "silence" but some low level noise.
9 >
10 > [snipped]
11 >
12 >    However, there is `mp3splt`, provided in the package
13 > `media-sound/mp3splt`.
14 >    It's described in the question provided as a comment to your UNIX S.E.\
15 > link.
16 >
17 > [snipped]
18 >
19 >    Jun 14, 2020, 04:43 by ash@××××××××××.uk:
20 >
21 >    mp3splt primarily works with mp3s, but can also support ogg, which can be
22 > a
23 >    container format for flac. I've never used it myself, but it looks
24 > promising,
25 >    providing you are OK with placing your flacs inside an ogg.
26 >
27 > [snipped]
28 >
29 > The package media-sound/mp3splt has use flag "flac". If set mp3splt can
30 > directly read and write flac files.
31 >
32 > I have used mp3splt to successfully split podcast files for burning to a CD.
33 > It has many options that allow tuning of the split points. I found it a pain
34 > to setup, but now that setup in complete it works reliably.
35 >
36 > Tom Naujokas (elu6-u259 at spamex.com)
39 Hi Tom,
40
41 thanks for the info! :)
42
43 In the meanwhile I have used Audacity...it has a "Sound finder" and
44 "Silence finder" tool under the "Analyse Tab", which has some very
45 handy parameters.
46
47 The result will be visualised before any split file is written and can
48 be manually corrected per segment and to each segment can be listened separately
49 beforhand.
50
51 Cheers!
52 Meino