From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web mail
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 02:15:16
1 JimD wrote:
2 > Manuel McLure wrote:
3 >
4 >> I *just* (as in an hour or so ago) upgraded from courier-imap to dovecot.
5 >> On large folders (1000+ messages) dovecot is *much* faster. I'd say
6 >> around
7 >> 5x faster when bringing up the folder in Squirrelmail.
10 > Any major changes in setup? Any quirks with your fav. client?
11
12 A couple. First of all you won't find your subscribed folders unless you
13 copy courierimapsubscribed to subscriptions, and edit this to remove
14 INBOX. from the start of each folder name. Second, it won't allow
15 plain-text authentication over a non-SSL connection unless you change a
16 configuration setting. This doesn't apply to 127.0.0.1 so SquirrelMail
17 still works fine, but if you have non-encrypted IMAP on your internal
18 network, you either want to go encrypted or specifically allow plaintext
19 logins. Otherwise it's working beautifully.
22 Manuel A. McLure KE6TAW <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
23 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
24 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list