From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GenUX
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:30:48
1 > Looking breifly at the Gentoo Developer conference. I came across GenUX
2 > (actually I have now downloaded and had a quick go at it). It seems to me
3 > that they have put pre-built binaries on a LiveCD with a GUI front end for
4 > their installer.
5
6 Haven't tried it yet (downloading now), but it kinda just seems wrong...
7
8 I came to gentoo from an LFS system because I wanted better update support.
9 But most importantly I still wanted to understand and control all the little
10 details, something that you'll probably miss using a gui wrapper.
11
12 I'm going to give it a spin to see how it drives, but I'm not certain I'm
13 going to like it...
14
15 Others, like John Joliet, may really see some value in it; inferring from
16 things he's posted in the past, he likes to get a base system up quickly
17 then recompile components as needed.
18
19 What's your spin, John?
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list