From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kon Colivas is working again on a new scheduler for Desktop/Multimedia/Gaming PCs
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 23:43:50
1 On Samstag 05 September 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I recently stumbled upon an LWN article that mentioned Con Kolivas is
3 > working on a new kernel scheduler for Desktop/Multimedia/Gaming PCs
4 > called "BFS":
5 >
6 > http://lwn.net/Articles/350100
7 >
8 > Well, I've tried it. I wrote my experiences with it here:
9 >
10 > http://lwn.net/Articles/350820
11 >
12 > If you're feeling adventurous, you might want to give that one a try. In
13 > my case, it helped immensely, especially with sound latency and skips
14 > and other artifacts during real-time playback (I was not using an RT
15 > kernel before that though). Note that BFS has been updated to 0.206
16 > since I wrote that.
17 >
18 > The patch to kernel 2.6.30 and docs can be found at:
19 >
20 > http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs
23 and what is with people like me - who for some magical reasons don't have
24 problems with skips or latency? Without using rt-kernels of course.-