From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Notice: possible past, present and future breakage related to .la files
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 17:17:06
1 Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
2 > Il giorno sab, 02/10/2010 alle 09.56 -0500, Dale ha scritto:
3 >
4 >> Still on topic but I have a question and you are in the know on
5 >> this.
6 >> I'm running unstable portage, 2.2_rc67 to be exact. Does this new a
7 >> version of portage take care of this already? It sounds like it is
8 >> the
9 >> stable portage that has issues. I been running unstable for a long
10 >> while now.
11 >>
12 > 2.2 series does support this but I don't know which one of the RCs added
13 > it; latest ~arch/masked version is fine though, so you might just
14 > upgrade to that and you're done :)
18 One reason I asked, I'm about to upgrade to KDE 4.5.2 and I was just
19 going to do a emerge -e world and let it rebuild everything. After all,
20 the KDE packages are pretty much the biggest packages anyway, except for
21 OOo of course.
22
23 I'm still having trouble with it finding all the tarballs right now
24 tho. It appears that they haven't spread around to the servers yet. I
25 keep getting "No such directory" errors. Maybe they will float around
26 pretty soon.
27
28 Thanks.
29