From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo nfs server:Opensolaris client; error `security mode does not match'
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:58:52
1 On Wednesday 18 March 2009 00:23:58 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > I'm having a problem mounting a nfs share exported by my gentoo
3 > server. The client problem occurs on an opensolaris box running
4 > 2008-11 build 109.
5 >
6 > I have an ancient /etc/exports that may be way out of date... I
7 > rarely use nfs. But I've begun setting up a NAS that consists of an
8 > OpenSolaris server with ZFS file sytem.
9 >
10 > I hoped to use NFS to handle backs ups and other work between linux
11 > boxes and solaris NAS, with windows boxes using CIFS.
12 >
13 > It doesn't really make sense to mount the other way round, like
14 > serving from OpenSol and client at gentoo host since a general backup
15 > plan will be running from the Solaris box and effecting all lan
16 > machines.
17 >
18 > At least that was my first thought. But really would like to
19 > understand what is needed in either direction.
20 >
21 > Here is the line from /etc/exports (on gentoo server):
22 > /pub 192.168.0.0/22(rw,insecure,o_root_squash,subtree_check)
23
24 try remove insecure, and it's no_root_squash
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com