From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: update xorg && kde-meta
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:46:45
1 Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:
4 > Well, I would use a system that has a lot of disk space, and make a
5 > chroot build environment for those laptops. With FEATURES=buildpkg,
6 > you can then use a system you have full access to to build binary
7 > packages for the upgrade, and then when you have access, you can
8 > update quickly with --usepkgonly.
9
10 > The AMD 32-bit chroot guide [1] is useful here, even for non x86_64 systems:
11
12 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=2
13
14 thanks to Bo, Alan, and Richard for the advice. I think this is going to
15 put off until the weekend so I can do several systems all at once, and have
16 a few days to deal with issues....
19 thx,
22 James
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list