From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wvdial: dialup for users
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:28:20
1 There are a couple of groups that you need to add your users to. -
2 "dialout" and "uucp".
3
4 Reading the message at the end of emerging wvdial tells you this. Also
5 reading the ebuild gives you the same information.
6
7 I am not criticising you, thiose messages flash by very quickly, and
8 reading the ebuild is not everyone's first port of call, but if I
9 educate one person to read the documentation and save one query to the
10 list i guess my job is done :-)
11
12 PS don't forget you have to log in again after you have been added to a
13 group. and "id" is a good command to see what groups you are in.
17 On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:15:15 +1000