From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-Terabyte drives - 4K sector sizes? -> bar performance so far
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 02:03:41
1 On 9 Feb 2010, at 23:52, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > ...
3 > I'm starting to stray OT here, but I'm considering a second-hand
4 > Adaptec
5 > 2420SA - this is real hardware raid right?
6
7 Looks like it. Looks pretty nice, too.
8
9 The affordable PCI / PCI-X 3wares don't do RAID6 - you have to go PCIe
10 for that, I think - and that "snapshot backup" feature looks cute.
11
12 > If I'm buying drives in the 1Tb size - does this 4k issue affect
13 > hardware RAID and how do you get around it? (Never set up a HW RAID
14 > card before)
15
16 Posted elsewhere - I think it'll be just the same.
17
18 Stroller.