From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: no usb mouse in xorg 7.1
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:08:51
1 On Sunday 08 October 2006 13:20, Peter Gille wrote:
2 > Hello all,
3 >
4 > I have installed beryl and Xorg 7.1 as described in this guide:
5 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_nVidia_GL_Desktop_Effects
6 > It is working great, except for the fact that my USB mouse, a Logitech
7 > MX-518, is no longer working. It works in console-mode using gpm so I
8 > assume there must be something wrong in either my xorg.conf or in the
9 > evdev driver.
10 > Attached are my xorg.conf and my Xorg.0.log.
11 > /dev/input/logitech is a device-node created by my custom udev-rules.
12 > If anyone have any suggestions for solving this problem they would be
13 > greatly appreciated.
14
15 evdev driver has changed a bit and is now configured a different way.
16 It's no longer possible to use evdev with special nodes (like yours)
17 You have to use the original device (event*) or use the name.
18
19 $ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
20 I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1532 Product=0002 Version=0100
21 N: Name="Razer Razer Diamondback Optical Mouse"
22 P: Phys=usb-0000:00:02.0-1/input0
23 S: Sysfs=/class/input/input0
24 H: Handlers=mouse0 event0
25 B: EV=7
26 B: KEY=7f0000 0 0 0 0
27 B: REL=103
28
29 According to the output I can use the event0 device to configure my mouse or I
30 can use the name. You can configure evdev with the name like this.
31
32 Section "InputDevice"
33 Identifier "Razer Diamondback"
34 Driver "evdev"
35 Option "Name" "Razer Razer Diamondback Optical Mouse"
36 EndSection
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list