From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Custom DNS Servers for DHCPCD
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 00:10:58
1 I'm sure this is an easy fix, however, I'm not sure how to do this
2 exactly...
3
4 Is /var/lib/dhcpc machine generated?
5
6 I want to set my own custom DNS servers for my server (the ones that the
7 DHCP host gives are wrong and are very slow!) and I have some
8 replacement ones. I think that by setting the DNS servers in
9 the /var/lib/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.info file might change that, however,
10 the file looks machine-generated to me.
11
12 I looked through the wiki to fix this problem but I didn't find anything
13 that looked like it'd help. Some assistance here would be great.
14
15 The two DNS servers I need are 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2.
18 http://lordsauronthegreat.googlepages.com/