From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] VERY OFF TOPIC - change sparse data to daily data
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:32:03
1 Hi,
2 I know this is EXTREMELY off topic but I don't know of another
3 better list to ask on. I'm hoping maybe there is a Linux command line
4 method for doing this. Thanks in advance.
5
6 I have a data file with data that changes infrequently. The file
7 lists only the day the data changes. There are only 144 lines
8 representing 23 years of data. There are three values for the data -
9 1, 0 & -1. The file looks like this:
10
11 09/27/74, 1
12 07/11/75, -1
13 08/01/75, 1
14 03/12/76, -1
15 04/02/76, 1
16 05/07/76, -1
17 06/04/76, 1
18
19 I need to turn this data into a file with the same format but one
20 that has data for every date, something like this:
21
22 09/28/74, 1
23 09/29/74, 1
24 09/30/74, 1
25 ...
26 ...
27 ...
28 07/09/75, 1
29 07/10/75, 1
30 07/11/75, -1
31
32 and so on...
33
34 Would anyone proficient in Linux command line know how to do that?
35 Or might there be some app in portage that could do this as part of
36 it's functionality?
37
38 Thanks in advance and sorry for the noise.
39
40 Cheers,
41 Mark
42 --