From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Messages on boot
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:25:03
1 On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 06:33:21PM -0400, C.Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > The first time I did a hard drive boot into Gentoon, I noticed two
5 > messages as follows:
6 >
7 > One said the make sure that the host name in /etc was set to a valid
8 > host name.
9 >
10 > Well, in /etc, I have a file named hosts and when I look at that, it
11 > says that the host is localhost with the ip address of 127.0.0.1, which
12 > is correct for local host. Should there be another host name in there?
13
14 The message means for you to set the hostname in /etc/conf.d/hostname
15 (or /etc/hostname if you are using a rather old baselayout).
18 W
22 The lack of market penetration of this concept is demonstrated
23 when Darth Vader says "the power of the FORCE" when he actually
24 meant "the power of the FIELD."
25 ~Prof. Kirk T. McDonald, DeathEM, P-town PHY 304
26 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 22:49
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list