From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Help needed:jpeg_resync_to_restart() and zathura pdf reader
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 00:30:19
1 On 09/03/2011 05:44 AM, Ignas Anikevicius wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if someone could explain me what ebuild provides the
5 > jpeg_resync_to_restart() function as when I try to run a pdf using a
6 > zathura-pdf-mupdf plugin, it gives me the following error:
7 > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 > error: could not load plugin /usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so
9 > (/usr/lib/zathura/pdf.so: undefined symbol: jpeg_resync_to_restart)
10 > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 >
12 > I was told that it might be a problem with the libjpeg-turbo, but I
13 > have tried both versions (1.1.0 and 1.1.1) and it did not affect
14 > anything. I was wondering whether there are some compilation options,
15 > which I am not aware of?
16 >
17 > Alternatively, the problem might lie in my lack of knowledge in
18 > writing ebuilds. You can find my ebuild on [1], whereas a known
19 > version of AUR PKGBUILD can be found on [2]. Could someone, ideally
20 > familiar with both GNU/Linux Distributions, explain me what I am doing
21 > wrong?
22
23 The latest zathura ebuild in portage has,
24
25 RDEPEND=">=x11-libs/cairo-1.8.8
26 >=dev-libs/glib-2.22.4:2
27 >=x11-libs/gtk+-2.18.6:2
28 >=app-text/poppler-0.12.3[cairo]"
29 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
30 dev-util/pkgconfig"
33 How come you only have the following?
34
35 RDEPEND=">=app-text/mupdf-0.8"
36
37 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
38 dev-util/pkgconfig"
39
40 And have you tried using libjpeg instead of the -turbo version?