From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage, network less install and Apache, MySQL, PHP
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:51
1 Thank you, will try that on monday and see how it goes...
2
3 On 10/1/05, Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales
4 <raphael.melo21@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > Answer to 1:
6 > Yes, if you download a portage-<timestamp>.tar.bz2 file and uncompress
7 > it on /usr/portage, it has the same effect as emerge --sync. Actually,
8 > to be more precise, the same effect as emerge-webrsync. Unforunately,
9 > this consumes more bandwidth, since it downloads ebuilds you don't
10 > need to update as well. But, in a proxy enviroment that doesn't allow
11 > rsync, it is the only choice you have.
12 >
13 > Answer to 2:
14 > Portage doesn't really care how you download the source packages, as
15 > long as they have the same md5sum. So, if you download them separetely
16 > and move them to /usr/portage/distfiles, you should be fine.
17 > Answer to 3:
18 > See 1 and 2. :)
19 >