From: Henti Smith <henti@×××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] htaccess with userdir not working
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:29:29
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've setup a user Apache setup but for some reason I cannot htaccess
4 the cgi-bin in the one folder.
5
6 here is the details :
7
8 .htaccess in /home/user/public_html/cgi-bin
9
10 AuthType Basic
11 AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/htpasswd/user
12 AuthName "user"
13 require valid-user
14 satisfy any
15
16 httpd.conf
17
18 <Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
19 Options ExecCGI
20 SetHandler cgi-script
21 </Directory>
22
23 when I go to the cgi-bin for the user .. it runs the cgi without
24 probltping for user/.pass
25
26 any ideas ?
29 Henti Smith
30 henti@×××××××××××.za
31 +27 82 958 2525
32 http://www.geekware.co.za
33
34 DISCLAIMER :
35
36 Unauthorised use of characters, images, sounds, odors, severed limbs,
37 noodles, wierd dreams, strange looking fruit, oxygen, and certain parts
38 of Jupiter are strictly forbidden. If I find you violating, or
39 molesting my property in any way, I will employ a pair of burly
40 convicts to find you, kidnap you, and perform god-awful sexual
41 experiments on you until you lose the ability to sound out vowels. I
42 don't know why you are still reading this, but by doing so you have
43 proven that you have far too much time on your hands, and you should go
44 plant a tree, or read a book or something.
45 - http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/
46 --
47 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list