From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange Xmonad problem
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 20:46:03
1 On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Melleus <melleus@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de> writes:
3 >
4 >>> This config doesn't work either. It looks like something is seriously
5 >>> broken in this version of Xmonad (0.13). It's a pity that it has a stable
6 >>> keyword. Will wait for updates. Sorry for the noise. And thank you for attention.
7 >> I'm running 0.13 (and have been since February) so I doubt it's that.
8 >> Though it could be related to the earlier issue with the state file. I
9 >> didn't delete that in my tests.
10 >
11 > It (v0.13) does have bugs: a bug with that xmonad.state file that keeps
12 > appearing, a bug with xmobar that one have to put docksEventHook in
13 > config to make it respect the size of other windows again, configs from
14 > previous versions that do not work like they should. I understand that
15 > those are minor bugs for experienced users, but the testing keyword for
16 > this version would benefit and save from trouble such new converts to
17 > Gentoo as I am.
20 This is the reason I suggest following the repository (via secure
21 checkout, which some ebuilds do not do). There is a strange place in
22 between "Debian stable" and "live checkout" that tends to have more
23 harder to fix bugs than the "live checkout" version does. The problem
24 with "Debian stable" is that it typically is lacking features an
25 informed user would want.
26
27 If you end up fixing the issue in the live version then you can more
28 easily submit a pull request. If not, you can still revert to an old
29 release.
30
31 Cheers,
32 R0b0t1