From: Davyd McColl <davydm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with virtual desktops in Plasma
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 08:38:47
1 On January 27, 2019 10:29:57 Martin Mokrý <megacsk@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > Dňa 27. 1. 2019 o 9:14 Davyd McColl napísal(a):
5 >>
6 >> On January 27, 2019 10:01:18 AM Martin Mokrý <megacsk@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>
8 >> > Hello.
9 >> > I have problem with number of virtual desktops in Plasma.
10 >> > In my configuration file .config/kwinrc are declared 7 desktops with
11 >> names.
12 >> > But when I try to look at GUI system settings of virtual desktops,
13 >> there is
14 >> > only 1. When I change it to another number, confirm, click on another
15 >> > settings panel (for example bordes) and then return to settings of
16 >> virtual
17 >> > desktops, there is again only 1 desktop.
18 >> > But when I change beetwen virtual desktops by using keys (CTRL+Fx), it
19 >> > works like it is in kwinrc file. I see number and name of desktop in
20 >> center
21 >> > of screen for a while. Virtual desktop applet is showing only 1 desktop.
22 >> > Where can be problem?
25 >> Check the setting about rows vs columns. That's caught me out before -
26 >> I've also set up 6 virtual desktops and then it only appears that I
27 >> have one because I have them as 1 row x 1 column. It's a bit of a ux
28 >> fail.
31 >> >
32 >> > --
33 >> > Martin "Megac" Mokry
34 >>
35 > I tried to set more that 1 rows in virtual desktop settings, but both,
36 > number of desktop and number of rows return to 1 after returning to
37 > virtual desktop settings configuration panel.
38 >
39 Using the desktops widget from the task bar, I see two settings:
40 - Number of desktops
41 - Number of rows
42 I currently have both set to 3 and that's working for me (I recently
43 started only using 3 virtual desktops at home)
44 Try that? (or something similar)