From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering RAID1 after disk failure
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:04:32
1 On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Mike Diehl <mdiehl@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I've got a sw RAID1 that just had a failed drive replaced with an identical
3 > drive.
4 >
5 > However, the good drive started on sector 63 and the new drive want's to start
6 > on sector 2048.  Fdisk won't let me create the partition table on the new
7 > drive as it is on the old drive.
8
9 Hi Mike,
10
11 I believe this is due to the alignment code in newer versions of fdisk
12 (2048 sector = 1 megabyte)
13
14 I think you can use the expert menu in fdisk ("x" from the main menu)
15 to achieve what you're trying to do. I can't tell you the exact steps
16 but I am 99.9% sure it can be done.