From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge times blown out
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 20:45:57
2 > Could it be that some kind of Spectre mitigation is active? I just read
3 > about
4 > some massive performance problems in Kernel 5.19+ on Skylake CPUs. Stable
5 > gentoo kernel was upgraded to 6.1 recently, which could also be affected
6 > by
7 > this problem.
8 > See https://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/2209.1/02248.html
9 >
10 > Try turning the mitigations off or revert to a 5.15.x kernel.
13 I have one skylake and its now running 6.2 with retbleed=stuff. The others
14 are AMD.
15
16 I will try 5.15.x. I have .configs from that time so it will rule kernel
17 stuff in/out.