From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] "emerge --depclean" wants to unmerge app-editors/nano (part of system)
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:31:49
1 Hi,
2 I have this strange problem for a few days: after normal
3 updates (I think glib has been updated) I tried to run
4 "emerge --depclean" (as recommended) but got these messages:
5
6 -------------------------------
7 obelix ~ # emerge --depclean
8 <cut>
9 Calculating dependencies... done!
10 >>> Calculating removal order...
11
12 !!! 'app-editors/nano' (virtual/editor) is part of your system profile.
13 !!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.
14
15 >>> Waiting 10 seconds before starting...
16 >>> (Control-C to abort)...
17 Press Ctrl-C to Stop in: 10 9 8 7
18
19 Exiting on signal 2
20 obelix ~ #
22
23 So why does "emerge --depclean" want to unmerge app-editors/nano
24 when it is part of system profile? I waited for a few days,
25 resynced portage tree a few times, but problem still persists...
26
27 Jarry
31 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
32 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.