From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with udev and network cards changing device name
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:02:17
1 Jonathan Gill wrote:
2 >
3 > Once ive set the bootloader up and rebooted, it moves the network
4 > cards from eth0 and eth1 to eth2 and eth3 (and its just moved them to
5 > eth4 and eth5 on a new installation!)
6 >
7 > What can I do to make sure it comes up as eth0 and eth1 each time?
8 >
9 Delete /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules. It increments the eth*
10 device number whenever the mac address changes. I got stung by this on a
11 VDS. ;)
12
13 Be lucky,
14