From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] autounmask not doing to well
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:29:17
1 On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > The latest KDE 4.5.1 has hit the tree.  It made it there a few days ago.
5 >  Yeppie!!  It is masked but I wanted to try to install it again.  The last
6 > time was a mess to say it lightly.  I use autounmask to unmask it.  I use
7 > this command:
8 >
9 > autounmask kde-base/kde-meta-4.5.1
10
11 Easier way would be to install the KDE overlay and use the etc files
12 provided in the Documentation directory for unmasking and so on. If
13 you want to stick to KDE ebuilds from portage proper, you could copy
14 the etc files from the overlay and then remove it.