From: Chen Huan <chenhuan0@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem about rc-update
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 07:17:47
1 Hi,everybody, I got a very very strange problems.
2
3 I have install gnome, and when I try to add xdm to default runlevel, use
4 command "rc-update add xdm default", it is normal
5
6 and output of rc-update show is right
7
8 but when I restart computer, the xdm doesn't auto start, when I log in the
9 system, and exec "/etc/init.d/xdm start", it is started normally
10
11 There is no any information about xdm when the system starting......It is
12 very strange...Could somebody help me...
13
14 And NetworkManager and alsasound have the same problem.....
15
16 here is the ouput of rc-update show:
17
18 procfs | boot
19 modules | boot
20 local | nonetwork default
21 net.lo | boot
22 alsasound | boot
23 xdm | default
24 swap | boot
25 udev | sysinit
26 savecache | shutdown
27 mount-ro | shutdown
28 termencoding | boot
29 netmount | default
30 dmesg | sysinit
31 consolekit | default
32 devfs | sysinit
33 root | boot
34 urandom | boot
35 udev-postmount | default
36 consolefont | boot
37 hostname | boot
38 NetworkManager | default
39 vixie-cron | default
40 fsck | boot
41 syslog-ng | default
42 sysctl | boot
43 mtab | boot
44 bootmisc | boot
45 killprocs | shutdown
46 localmount | boot
47 hwclock | boot
48 keymaps | boot
49
50 And I am using operc-0.6.1-r1 and baselayout-2.0.1