From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server-1.5 update/old kernel+old fglrx
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 00:59:59
1 On 06/25/2009 03:46 AM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Adam Carter<Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au> wrote:
3 >> I havent been following this thread but have you checked the open source drivers? New features are always being ported in. The two options are;
4 >> - Radeon driver (module is named ati)
5 >> - Radeonhd driver (module is named radeon)
6 >>
7 >> Check out the current features here http://www.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature all boxes are for the radeon/ati driver unless the box contains (RHD, in which case it's the radeonhd/radeon driver). In particular TV out should work on R100/R200/R300 based cards.
8 >>
9 > [...]
10 > I am scanning the /var/log/Xorg.0.log looking for info on what chip
11 > this is. I'm not finding anything that says what Radeon family it's
12 > part of. lspci tells me what I posted here already - that it's part of
13 > the IGP 9100 family.
14 >
15 > I found this page at the AMD/ATI site but I suspect it's for a newer
16 > version of the chipset:
17 >
18 > http://ati.amd.com/products/radeon9100igp/features.html
19