From: Jacques Montier <jmontier@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my SSD dying?
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2017 12:28:53
1 Hello,
2
3 I once encountered the problem with my Crucial SSD.
4 I found a procedure to make the SSD detected which worked for me.
5 http://forums.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/Why-did-my-SSD-quot-disappear-quot-from-my-system/ta-p/65215
6 Hope this will help.
7
8 Cheers,
12 *--*
13 *Jacques*
14
15 2017-09-02 11:51 GMT+02:00 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>:
16
17 > On Saturday, 2 September 2017 10:32:23 BST I wrote:
18 >
19 > > ... Now smartmon appears to run ok - provided that I remove DEVICESCAN
20 > > from /etc/smartd.conf and give it a specific device to monitor ...
21 >
22 > Some months ago someone here mentioned a test suite for SSDs, but I can't
23 > remember what it was called and now I can't find it. Can someone point me
24 > in
25 > the right direction, please?
26 >
27 > --