From: Alec Ten Harmsel <alec@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] audacity-2.0.5 failed to compile
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 01:23:17
1 On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 05:05:09PM -0600, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 09/01/2015 04:55 PM, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
3 > > Since you're too stupid to follow advice, you need to rebuild *EVERYTHING*
4 > > that linked against libjpeg (in this case x11-libs/wxGTK).
5 >
6 > This kind of language does not belong here. If you can not refrain
7 > yourself making sarcastic remarks don't make any comments.
8
9 This language occasionally belongs on this list.
10
11 > I would appreciate you stop reading my posts at all.
12 > I don't belong to Gentoo community.
13
14 OK. Maybe we all got off on the wrong foot here. When you ask for help,
15 can you please provide:
16
17 * the *exact* command you ran
18 * the output of `emerge --info'
19 * the whole error, not just the part you think is relevant
20
21 It is incredibly difficult for us to help when we only get a small piece
22 of what's going on with your system.
23
24 Alec