From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg modules problem
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:21:56
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I've gone through the big Xorg update, copied back my old
5 > /etc/X11/xorg.conf, changed the rgb path in line with a previous post
6 > because it gave me an error and now it fails like so:
8 > (EE) Failed to load module "bitmap" (module does not exist, 0)
9 > (EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (module does not exist, 0)
10 > Fatal server error:
11 > Unable to load requried base module, Exiting...
12
13 Sounds like you also have a ModulePath line in xorg.conf. Delete it.
14
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie