From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing virtual machine under gentoo
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 18:00:53
1 On Sun, Jan 2, 2022 at 9:59 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > OK, more progress and a few more questions.
4 >
5 > In the virt-manager, I could not figure out how to add disk storage to
6 > the vm. I have a partition I can use for the disk storage -- is this
7 > different from the virtual machine image?
8 >
9 > Of even more importance, how do I bridge the vm onto my existing
10 > network? I have a nic for internal items named eno1 and another nic
11 > which connects to the outside world, I would like to bridge to the
12 > internal network, that would give the vm a dhcp address, etc.
15 > --
16 > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 > How do
18 > you spend it?
19 >
20 > John Covici wb2una
21 > covici@××××××××××.com
24 There are some good YouTube videos on exactly these subjects.
25
26 I haven't been forced to do them myself yet so I don't want to
27 hazard a guess but
28
29 virt-manager bridged network
30