From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tuxonice : suspend/resume via button on keyboard?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:31:51
1 Iain Buchanan schrieb:
2 > it's nice huh? I don't know why everyone doesn't try it - people think
3 > suspending / hibernating is only for laptops!
4
5 I was thinking of it for quite a while but only recently was remembered
6 as my new laptop works great with it.
7
8 In fact my workstation suspends/resumes even faster, even though (or
9 because?) it has 4 GB RAM instead of the 3 in my thinkpad.
10
11 > If you run gnome-power-manger (configure through
12 > gnome-power-preferences) you might find General > "When the suspend
13 > button is pressed" does something for that key.
14 >
15 > Otherwise, go to system preferences > keyboard shortcuts. From there
16 > you may be able to map the button to the "suspend" action.
17 >
18 > This all requires gnome. Don't know the kde way. Otherwise you can
19 > use X tools as well (xmodmap, setxkbmap or whatever the tools are,
20 > can't remember!)
21
22 I use GNOME, and yes, I already mapped that button to suspend the box to
23 RAM. But how to make it *resume the box as well?
24
25 Maybe look through the bios to somehow "wake on keyboard" ?
26
27 Will search ...
28
29 Thanks, Stefan